App Version 3.1.6 - 11/16/23
We fixed a bug that was breaking the purchase a subscription page.
App Version 3.1.5 - 11/9/23
- You can now tap on the version number at the bottom of the Account menu to see a list of all updates to the app.
- We fixed a bug in Android version 9 and below that was not allowing people to add photos from their photo library.
- We fixed a bug that was sometimes hiding the Save button when changing the scaled servings size on recipes.
- We added instructions for new users on the My Recipes page so they can easily get started adding recipes.
App Version 3.1.4 - 10/18/23
- We fixed a bug preventing people from manually adding recipes while offline.
- We fixed a bug that disabled the account page when opening the account page from the account page.
App Version 3.1.3 - 10/6/23
- We fixed a bug that prevented the user from scrolling through their recipe book while planning a recipe on the planner
App Version 3.1.2 - 10/1/23
- We added the ability to view Estimated Cost, Nutritional Score, and Total Cost for events on the planner.
- We now fade previous events on the planner and made a few other UI tweaks.
- We fixed a UI bug with the Manage Store Categories page on the Shop tab.
- We fixed a bug that was removing a friend's recipe from the recipe book if a draft of that recipe was not saved.
- We fixed a bug where the option to duplicate ingredients and notes was not working in menus.
- We fixed a bug with recipe scheduling in the planner.
- We fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash when you were previously logged in, but aren't anymore.
- We fixed a bug with the planner's drag and drop behavior in iOS 17.
- We fixed a UI bug related to the keyboard appearing and dismissing on iOS.
- We updated the app tour. New users will see the new, animated experience before they sign up. Existing users can tap the profile icon > Tour to be guided through some of our coolest features!
- We updated the recipe form's category fields. You can now manage your courses, cuisines, main ingredients, and tags while you're updating a recipe.
- We fixed some animation bugs related to how pages open and close on the Cook, Plan, and Shop tabs.
- As you might imagine, buttons are supposed to work right instead of crash. We fixed a bug that was causing a handful of pages to crash when a few specific buttons were tapped.
- The Cook, Plan, and Shop tabs now remember what pages you opened on them, even if you navigate away from the tab. This should make it easier to multitask. For example, you could start cooking your planned recipes in the planner, check your shopping list, and come back to the planner without losing your place. Please note that forms do not stay open if you switch tabs at this time, so be sure to save your work first!
- We updated the action sheet that appears when you tap "Add Recipe." Hopefully the options make a bit more sense now!
- We updated the header for the recipe settings page.
- If you plan a frozen recipe and select it in your planner, the "View Recipe" option in the action sheet will tell you how many servings the recipe was expected to yield.
- We added a token to allow people that are not logged in at app.plantoeat.com in their mobile browser to print their recipes correctly.
- When importing a recipe using the Recipe Clipper, the URL input will not auto focus unnecessarily and so will no longer open the user's keyboard.
- We fixed how the app handles crashes. It should now reset properly when things go wrong!
- We fixed some animation bugs. Duplicating a recipe and editing a frozen recipe's quantity should now animate the page like the rest of the app.
- We fixed a bug preventing the frozen recipe view's count from updating after you edit the recipe's meal quantity.
- We fixed a few bugs preventing unsaved change warnings from appearing. The app should warn you if you have modified a form and try to leave the page without saving your changes.
- We fixed a bug preventing staples list item notifications from appearing. The form should now notify you that your item was added successfully, just like the shopping list item form.
- We fixed a visual bug with recipe titles associated with a shopping list item.
- We fixed a bug with the Android back button, so it can now close out of the app.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from saving or queueing a friend's recipe.
- Added Nutrition Visibility Modal to allow users the option to display nutritional information directly in their planned events.
- Added the option to save a draft recipe without editing it, so the user doesn't have to change a field on a draft recipe to save it. An alert is also visible on the page once the draft recipe is saved, to let the user know where to find it.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the the menus modal to close when the user hit "enter" while searching for a menu.
App Version 3.0.6 - 4/18/23
- The search bar and the Add Recipe button will now minimize on scroll.
- We fixed a bug that could cause errors when you drag and drop a planner event.
- We fixed a bug that could prevent you from deleting a recipe or editing its photo.
- We fixed a bug that could cause the cookbook to scroll to the wrong location when a category is collapsed.
- We added drag and drop support to menus! Go to Plan > Menus > select one of your menus > Edit, then drag and drop to reschedule your menu events.
- We made some improvements to the drag and drop UI so you can more easily see where you dropped your event after the planner minimizes your meal times.
- We made a few tweaks to the menu UI so it is easier to see when you're in edit mode.
- We fixed a bug preventing the count of deleted recipes from updating properly in the Filters view. Go to Cook > Filters > Recipe Status to view your drafted and deleted recipes.
App Version 3.0.4 - 3/15/23
- We added a Recipe Status filter to the recipe book. Tap "Filters" then scroll down to "Recipe Status" to view your draft recipes, removed recipes, recipes with photos, or recipes missing photos.
- We updated the planner so past days are now grayed out.
- We added a "Not receiving verification email?" link to the verification page below the "Use a different email" link. Please contact us if you're having trouble signing up!
- We added a beta tag and a disclaimer to the Nutrition Facts calculator.
- We fixed a bug causing the "Getting Started" video to appear in the recipe book when a search returns fewer than 5 results.
App Version 3.0.2 - 2/9/23
- We fixed a bug that occurs when dropping an event somewhere other than in a meal section (such as on the loading spinner when you get to the top/bottom of the window). The bug caused the scroller to jump to the wrong spot in the planner.
- We fixed a bug related to the margin on sortable planner events. The margin was causing events next to each other to overlap, so it was possible to make the highlighted drag and drop sections flicker.
- We made several improvements to how drag and drop determines where an event was dropped after the sections on the page are minimized. Events should now appear to drop exactly where you dropped them.
App Version 3.0.1 - 2/8/23
- You can now calculate the Nutrition Facts for your recipes! Scroll to the Nutrition Facts section of any recipe you own and tap the new "Calculate Nutrition Facts" button to update them. Please note that the provided Nutrition Facts are estimates.
- You can now drag and drop events on the planner! Long press on an event to reschedule it to a different day or meal time.
- We refreshed the app icon and loading screen to use our new logo.
- We fixed a bug causing scrollable elements to render incorrectly when you tap the status bar of your device while scrolling
- We fixed a bug so you can adjust the servings in your friend's recipe again (with the exception of unplanned friend menu recipes)
- We refined our new meal planner design to fit more content on the screen.
- We fixed a bug causing the “Share Recipe” link to crash (Android only)
App Version 2.9.18 - 12/12/22
- We redesigned the meal planner to more closely match the desktop design.
- We fixed a bug that could prevent the planner from auto-scrolling when a date in the mini-calendar is tapped.
App Version 2.9.16 - 11/8/22
- We renamed "Cooking Challenges" to "PTE Recipes."
- We refreshed several UI elements such as header titles, planner menus, modal animations, and shopping list categories.
- We fixed a UI bug with the collapsible calendar animation in the planner.
- We fixed a bug related to the number link next to each grocery store in your shopping list. It will now scroll you to the purchased items section of your shopping list when "Consolidate Purchased Items" is selected in your settings.
- We fixed several bugs related to modal animations and page navigation.
App Version 2.9.15 - 10/26/22
- We removed the recipe action sheet. Now recipes always take you to the recipe settings view when you tap the "..." menu.
- We added support for printing recipes to the app. To try it out, tap a recipe in your recipe book, tap "..." in the top right corner, and tap "Print Recipe."
- We added "Delete Recipe" to the recipe action sheet. Tap the "..." menu on a recipe card to easily delete it.
- When you're editing a menu, you can now edit one of the menu recipes' planned servings more easily. Just tap the recipe in the menu and tap "Edit Planned Servings."
- You can now say "PTE" to refer to our app when talking to Siri. Try saying, "Hey Siri, add oranges to my list using PTE."
- We fixed a bug that was changing the original recipe's serving size when the recipe in a menu was edited.
- We fixed a bug that was preventing menu event details from displaying in menu recipes.
- We fixed a bug causing the shopping list date range to change incorrectly after a provided date range was selected.
- We fixed a bug that was preventing changes to nutrition fields from saving.
- We fixed a bug that was preventing Siri from properly connecting to your Plan to Eat account.
- We fixed a bug that was preventing deleted recipes from being removed from the recipe book when they were deleted on another device.
- We fixed a bug causing some photos to fail to import.
App Version 2.9.13 - 9/26/22
- The automatic update toggles in the shopping list form have been redesigned so they are easier to use and understand.
- We fixed a bug causing automatic grocery category selection to turn off if you changed the category for one shopping list item.
- We fixed a bug causing the app to crash when you tap an ingredient while viewing a menu. Instead of crashing, now the app does... nothing. Like it's supposed to.
- We fixed a bug that prevented camera and photo permissions from appearing in device settings.
App Version 2.9.12 - 9/16/22
- We fixed a bug causing the app to crash when you attempt to open a menu note.
App Version 2.9.11 - 9/13/22
- We removed an action sheet so you can open a friend's recipes directly from their menu.
- If you try to add a photo to a recipe and previously disabled the permission, we now link to your phone's camera and photo permission settings so you can easily change them.
- We fixed a window scrolling bug related to iOS 16.
App Version 2.9.10 - 8/30/22
- We updated the shopping list so a notification appears when you check off an item when "Consolidate Purchased Items" option is selected.
- We updated the recipe view and shopping list so they stay always-on (like cooking view). The shopping list always on feature can be toggled on and off.
- We fixed a UI bug causing the shopping list date range to appear squished on some devices.
- We fixed a bug preventing users from duplicating friend recipes.
- We fixed a bug preventing the app from saving your scroll position on the cook tab.
App Version 2.9.9 - 7/20/22
- We fixed a bug in the friend invitations UI.
- We fixed a bug with recipe search. Recipes with the exact words you typed in their titles will now appear first in the search results.
- We fixed a bug that made it appear that your payment did not complete when you purchase a subscription in the app.
- We fixed a bug preventing images from importing in the Android share extension.
- We added share extension support for apps other than Safari. Plan to Eat should now appear as a sharing option anywhere you can share a URL, including the following apps:
- Apple Notes (please note that you need to send a URL, underlined and highlighted in yellow, for this to work)
App Version 2.9.8 - 6/27/22
- We added support for managing friend requests in the app! If you have any pending or ignored requests, they will appear under Cook > Friends > three-dot menu.
- We added a notification to the My Recipes page if you have any pending friend requests.
App Version 2.9.7 - 5/27/22
- We updated the trial length for new accounts to 14 days.
- We updated the recipe form so it always displays an error if it is submitted without a title.
App Version 2.9.6 - 3/31/22
- We added a saturated fat field to recipe nutrition facts and updated the section's look and feel.
- We added a warning if it appears that you are trying to import a recipe you have already imported.
- We fixed a bug preventing you from adding friends with spaces or commas in their usernames.
- We fixed a bug causing the app to crash when you delete a menu.
App Version 2.9.5 - 3/7/22
- We fixed a bug causing some ingredients to disappear when they were manually added to a new recipe.
- We fixed a bug that caused special characters to appear incorrectly when importing a recipe. (This was only an issue on iOS)
- We updated several of our underlying dependencies to fix bugs and improve security.
App Version 2.9.3 - 1/31/22
- We fixed a bug causing recipe imports to fail when they collected some, but not all, of the recipe data from the provided URL.
- We fixed a bug preventing the Android back button from working properly in the recipe form.
App Version 2.9.2 - 1/24/22
- We added support for searching menus by title and tag.
- We added a notification specifying which friend's menu you are currently viewing.
- We fixed a UI bug related to notifications.
- We fixed a bug preventing you from adding tags to a new recipe that has not yet been saved.
- We now warn about your unsaved changes when you navigate away from a duplicate recipe using the Cook, Plan, and Shop tabs.
App Version 2.9.1 - 1/7/22
- We added support for tagging your menus! Visit Plan > Menus, select one of your menus, and tap "Edit" to change the menu's tags.
- We added new minimizing animations when you scroll the shopping list or a menu so you can see more of your content (shopping list minimization is only new on iOS).
- We now prompt about unsaved changes to the recipe import form if the back button is hit during a share extension import.
- We fixed a bug that caused tags to be updated inaccurately on recipes.
- We fixed a bug causing some recipes to fail to import.
App Version 2.9.0 - 12/2/21
- You can now make your menus private! Toggle the lock icon when viewing a menu if you would prefer to keep certain menus hidden from friends.
- We added support for searching recipes by course, cuisine, main ingredient, ingredient notes, and comments.
- We improved recipe search functionality so it returns results if your query matches across multiple fields in a given recipe.
- We fixed a bug that caused the app to crash for some users when navigating away from the planner.
App Version 2.8.10 - 11/11/21
- We now save your scroll position on the planner so you can use the other tabs without losing your place. Remember that you can always tap the "Plan" tab or "Today" button to jump back to today's date!
- We made some refinements to planner scrolling so events are only scrolled into view if you selected the day outside of the planner.
- We fixed a bug that caused prep notes from menu events to appear on the planner for some users.
- We now credit and link to the source URL a recipe was imported from, even if the source URL has been edited.
App Version 2.8.9 - 10/13/21
- - We added the option to manage your email notifications from the app. Go to My Account > Manage Email Notifications to set your preferences.
- We fixed a bug causing event duplication to fail if the event was planned from a menu.
- We fixed a bug causing the share extension to fail to import recipes from some websites (iOS only).
- We fixed a bug preventing the password reset form from updating if your device is offline.
App Version 2.8.8 - 9/30/21
- We updated page animations to be more performant and fluid.
- We fixed a bug preventing the "Next" button in the planner event cooking view from navigating to the next event for that meal time.
- We fixed a bug causing the event form to default to "Breakfast" rather than "Dinner" in the planner.
- We fixed a bug causing some accounts to get logged out when the app was updated.
- We fixed a bug preventing some third-party keyboards from typing in the email verification field (Android only).
App Version 2.8.6 - 9/15/21
- Occasionally, the Plan to Eat app will now synchronize your shopping list to your other devices when the app is in the background. You can visit the Settings app > General > Background App Refresh if you would like to disable this feature.
- We fixed a bug preventing the friends list from scrolling.
- We fixed a bug causing the "This Week" date range option on the shopping list to revert to a different week if your calendar has a modified starting day on plantoeat.com.
- We fixed a bug causing focused form fields not to scroll into view.
- We fixed a bug causing the "Edit a Copy of This Recipe," "Duplicate Recipe," and "Edit Recipe Categories" buttons to fail to open those pages.
- We fixed a bug causing recipe pages not to open when you tap a notification to open them.
- We fixed a bug causing freezer items to animate incorrectly when you edit their quantity or remove them from your freezer.
- We fixed some minor UI bugs related to page animations.
- We added new animation and gesture support! Any page with a back button now animates in and out of view, and you can swipe them back to close them.
- We fixed a bug causing your favorite store to appear twice in the Shop tab.
App Version 2.8.4 - 8/10/21
- We fixed an issue causing the app to crash on update if the user did not have a time zone set.
Mobile App version 2.8.3 - 8/5/21
- You can now change your time zone in the app from the My Account page.
- We added the option to toggle between imperial and metric measurements in the Recipe Book Settings. Just hit the three-dot menu in the top right of the Cook tab to do so.
- We now require users to verify their email address when they sign up. If you already have an account with us, you will not need to verify your existing email, but please be sure to have a reachable email on file for account-related updates.
- We fixed some visual bugs related to in-app purchase.
App Version 2.8.2 - 6/24/21
- We added the option to close your account.
- We added support for Android 11.
- We removed support for iOS 11.
App Version 2.8.1 - 6/4/21
App Version 2.8.0 - 5/19/21
- We now require you to provide an email address to log in.
- We added a Forgot Email link that temporarily allows you to continue to sign in with your username and password so you can change your credentials.
- We added support for updating your email, password, and username in the app.
App Version 2.7.2 - 5/11/21
- We added the option to plan a menu from the Planner's action sheet.
- We added the option to reschedule a menu event from the event's action sheet.
- We heard your feedback and centered the shopping list store headings again to make it easier to see where one store ends and another begins.
- We fixed an issue causing the app to crash on iOS 11.2.6.
- Friend menus should now load more smoothly.
App Version 2.7.0 - 4/22/21
- We added menus to the mobile app! Menus allow you to save a collection of planner events so you can easily plan them again. You can create, edit, delete, and plan your menus, as well as plan friend and monthly challenge menus. Tap the new Menus option at the top right of the Planner to get started!
- We fixed a bug causing the welcome message to appear when searching recipes.
- You can now update your username on the account page.
- We fixed a bug causing new recipes and events to fail to save when connectivity is poor.
App Version 2.6.9 - 4/1/21
- We have added introductions to some of the main plan-to-eat features for new users.
- We have fixed a bug allowing users to add duplicate grocery categories.
- We ran upgrades.
App Version 2.6.8 - 2/23/21
- We improved recipe search performance when typing your search.
- We made a few visual improvements to the recipe search notification and the shopping list date range.
- We updated the date range on the shopping to include the day name and exclude the current year.
- We fixed a bug preventing the spinner from appearing when searching recipes.
- We fixed a bug that was causing the recipe search query to not always appear after closing the recipe filters.
App Version 2.6.7 - 2/12/21
- We fixed a bug preventing you from using the recipe search after results were shown.
App Version 2.6.3 - 1/20/21
- We fixed a bug that disallowed users to update their serving size frozen recipes.
- We fixed an error in the test suite “Recipe not found in get_and_scale_recipe”.
- We fixed a bug that disallowed users from commenting on or updating serving size on their recipes.
- We have updated grocery categories to allow users to add categories without hitting save.
- We have implemented live-update hotfixes via Appflow.
App Version 2.6.2 - 1/8/21
- We updated the recipe settings and recipe action sheet to remain open when making changes to recipes.
- We improve app performance.
- We added recipe counts to recipe categories.