The Recipe Clipper (Bookmark) will allow you to add recipes to your Plan to Eat account from websites while using your iPhone or iPad. The easiest way to install the Bookmark is to use iCloud (here are the instructions), which will automatically synchronize your desktop bookmark onto your device, but it can also be installed manually if you are not using iCloud.
Part 1: Update your settings
- Click the Home button and then click into your iOS settings. Scroll down and select Safari. Scroll down to your Favorites settings and make sure that Favorites is turned on.
- Next, find Privacy and Security, and make sure the Block Cookies settings is set to off.
Part 2. Create the bookmark
- Click the home button and open Safari.
- Copy the Bookmark code provided below. Copying can be done by pressing, holding, selecting all, then press copy.
- Go to PlanToEat.com and log into your Plan to Eat account.
- Press the share button in Safari and select Add Bookmark.
- Change the name of the bookmark to Save to PTE and make sure the bookmark location is in Favorites
- You should now see a link in your Favorites bookmark that reads Save to PTE
- Click the bookmark icon to view your bookmarks and navigate to your Favorites.
- Press the Edit button at the bottom of the Favorites list and select the Save to PTE favorite that you made earlier.
- In the URL bar, paste the code that you copied in Step 2.
- Press DONE.
Part 3: Using the bookmark
- With the bookmark installed, navigate to a recipe that you want to add to your Plan to Eat account.
- Press the Save to PTE bookmark that you made earlier to load the recipe into the Plan to Eat Recipe Clipper window, and the recipe will be saved to your Plan to Eat account.
With the ability to add recipes from your iPhone, you can be planning meals even when you are on the go.
Bookmark code (copy and paste):