Enter a Recipe by Hand
- Click on the Add Recipe button in your Recipe Book
- In the empty recipe card, enter recipe information in each field
- or use the Bulk Input features to copy and paste recipes from existing text files.
Bulk Input: Entire Recipe
Bulk input the recipe information by selecting the Bulk Input tab in the top right of the recipe card. This feature allows you to add an entire recipe in one text box. This is helpful for copying and pasting from a PDF or Word document into Plan to Eat.
You will see the following headings:
- Serves: Source:
- Fill in the information for each section, putting different ingredients and steps on separate lines.
- Use a comma after an ingredient's description to add notes or brackets to add categories, i.e. [Baking]
Bulk Input: Ingredients
You can also bulk add ingredients only by clicking on the Bulk Input tab in the Ingredients section.
- Each ingredient needs to be on it's own line.
- Use a comma after an ingredient's description to add notes if you would like.
Title: Easy Morning Glory Muffins
Description: These easy and tasty muffins are a glorious way to start any day. They combine the great taste and chewy texture of carrots with the wonderful flavors of apple, raisins, coconut, walnuts, and cinnamon.
2 teaspoons baking soda [Baking]
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon [Baking]
1/4 teaspoon salt [Dry Goods]
2 cups shredded carrots [Produce]
1/2 cup raisins [Baking]
1/2 cup chopped walnuts [Baking]
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut [Baking]
1 apple, peeled, cored and shredded [Produce]
3 eggs [Refrigerated]
2 cups all-purpose flour [Baking]
1 cup canola oil [Dry Goods]
1 1/4 cups sugar [Baking]
2 teaspoons vanilla extract [Baking]
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the carrot, raisins, nuts, coconut, and apple. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture, just until moistened. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Once complete, press the Save Changes button to save the recipe to your Recipe Book.