Accessing Friend's Recipes
- From your Recipe book, tap the My Recipes header.
- This will bring down a menu where you can navigate to the Friends section.
- You can search for Friends from the search bar at the top.
- Tap the Add Friends button to send a PTE friend invite to someone’s email address.
- By tapping on one of your Friend's usernames, you can view and search for recipes in their recipe book.
Friends in PTE can only see your public recipes and vice versa. You cannot see a Friend’s recipes they have saved from another Friend’s account (a friend of a friend).
To Save a Friend’s Recipe:
- Navigate to their recipe book.
- Tap on a recipe name that you would like to save to your own Recipe Book.
- Use the menu on the recipe to bring up a menu with the option to Save to My Recipes.
- Use the toggle next to this option to save the recipe to your recipe book.
A recipe saved from a Friend’s account will be indicated with a red heart icon next to the recipe name. You can easily find the recipe by searching for it or scrolling through your recipe book.
To Un-Save a Recipe from your Recipe Book:
- Tap the menu.
- Toggle OFF the option of Save to My Recipes.
To Edit a Copy of your Friend's Recipe:
You can use recipes from your PTE friends as if they're your own, but you will not be able to alter that recipe.
To edit a recipe that belongs to a Friend:
- Open the Friend's recipe you'd like to copy and edit.
- Tap the upper right menu.
- Select Edit a Copy of This Recipe.
- A duplicate of the recipe will open in and edit window. Make any changes to the new duplicate recipe.
- Tap Save.
- That recipe is now added as a new recipe in your account.
Sending and accepting Friend Requests is currently only available on the website.
Learn more about inviting Friends to share recipes.
Please contact email@example.com if you have questions.