When you start with Plan to Eat, your recipe book will be empty, but you have multiple options for adding recipes.
1) Recipe Clipper
You can install the Recipe Clipper to any browser or use our Share Extension Clipper on a mobile device.
- Find a recipe on the web you’d like to save.
- Use the Recipe Clipper to add it to your PTE account
- The recipe will appear as a draft in an import window, where you can review and make any necessary changes.
- Then, click the “Save” button at the top right to successfully add the recipe to your Plan to Eat account.
Learn more about the desktop Recipe Clipper.
Learn more about the App Share Extension Clipper.
2) Import from Web
You can search and import recipes from within Plan to Eat.
- Click on the “Import from Web” button, which will open up a page with a search bar at the top.
- You now have two options:
- you can paste a recipe URL, which you’ve already copied from a website
- or you can type in a search
- Then click on the “Import Recipe” button of the recipe you’d like to add to your PTE account
- Press “Save Changes” when you’re finished reviewing the recipe.
When searching, you can type in any keywords associated with the recipes you’d like to find and the Google generated search will populate the 100 most popular recipes for that keyword.
3) Add Recipes by Hand
Recipes from cookbooks, Word, PDFs, JPEGs, or .DOCs will need to added by hand.
- Click the “Add Recipe” button.
- This will open a blank recipe card where you can fill in all the information.
- Use the “Bulk Import” tab on the ingredients to copy and paste all the ingredients at once.
- Add spaces between lines of recipe directions to separate them into different steps.
- Press the "Save" button in the upper right when you're finished.
Learn more about adding recipes from your own collection.
4) Bulk Import File
You can import files from other recipe apps as well as .zip, .html, .csv and .txt files.
- Click on the “Import recipes from file” button
- Select your file format
- Upload the file and then import the recipes.
- There's an option to overwrite existing recipes, if there are duplicates in your import. However, this will permanently replace your existing duplicate recipes and cannot be undone.
Learn more about importing recipes from a bulk import file.