Adding items to your Plan to Eat shopping list with Siri is available in the Plan to Eat app (iOS only), version 2.3.9 or greater.
After you update your app, the first time you open the shopping list, you will be prompted to enable Siri with Plan to Eat. To do this manually, go to Settings > Siri & Search > Plan to Eat > Use with Ask Siri > toggle ON.
How to communicate with Siri to add items to your shopping list:
- You need to specify you're adding something.
- Words like "Add" and "Put" both work.
- You need to specify a list.
- Words like "list" and "shopping list" both work.
- You need to specify that you want it to happen in Plan to Eat, as opposed to another app.
- Use "in", "with", or "using" (Plan to Eat).
- You can put these words before or after the rest of the request.
Some examples of things that will work, with various arrangements:
- "Add chicken to my list with Plan to Eat."
- "Add apples to my shopping list using Plan to Eat."
- "Put cookies on my list in Plan to Eat."
- "Using Plan to Eat, add strawberries to my list."
- "In Plan to Eat, add coffee to my list."
Things that don't work, and why:
- "Add chicken to Plan to Eat", makes Siri think you mean a reminder list called Plan to Eat.
- "Add chicken with Plan to Eat", makes Siri prompt you to open the app to continue.
- "Add chicken to my shopping list", makes Siri think you mean a reminder list called 'shopping list' in the Reminders app.