To automatically calculate nutrition facts for a recipe:
- Navigate to the Nutrition Facts section of the recipe.
- Tap the Calculate Nutrition Facts button.
- Wait a moment while the program calculates the totals.
- Totals will be calculated on a per-serving basis.
- Tap the arrow icons to the left of the nutrient to display the ingredients that contribute to that nutrient total.
If you feel the calculated nutrient values are incorrect, first check and adjust the Original Serving Size of your recipe. Some recipes will incorrectly import a serving size of 1 which can make the nutrient totals seem too high.
If the totals still appear incorrect, login on the website and flag the nutrient for review. We will review the data and update the ingredients that are skewing the total value. We are currently reviewing flagged nutrient values weekly.
What does Beta mean?
Currently, the Calculate Nutrition Facts feature is labeled "Beta" because we are still working out some kinks and highly specific aspects of the feature. As we get customer feedback and flagged nutrition values, the nutrition database will get smarter and produce better results.