This feature helps you batch cook recipes and store them in the app. The Freezer keeps track of the servings, number of meals, and the date frozen.
To add a recipe to your Freezer, it first needs to be added to your meal planning calendar.
How to Freeze recipes:
- Add a recipe to your Planner from the Recipe Book or from the Planner (learn more about adding meals to your App Meal Planner).
- Tap the planned recipe on your Planner.
- Tap Prep for Freezer
- Update the number of meals and servings you want to freeze
- The serving size of the planned recipe and it’s ingredients on your shopping list will automatically update to match.
- Tap Add in the upper right corner
- A "Prep for Freezer" note will appear above this recipe on your Planner.
View Your Freezer:
- From your Recipe Book, tap on the My Recipes header and select Freezer
- Here you can view each Frozen meal and the number of frozen meals included with each recipe.
Plan recipes from the Freezer:
- From the Freezer section, tap on the frozen recipe you want to add to your Planner and select Add to Planner from the menu.
- Select a date and meal time for the recipe and the recipe will be added to your meal plan.
- A defrost note will appear the day prior to remind you to pull that meal out of your freezer to thaw.
- A "Frozen Meal" note will appear above the recipe on your planner.
Plan Frozen Meals from your Planner
- From your Planner, tap on a date where you would like to plan a new recipe.
- In the menu that opens, tap Plan Frozen Meal*
- Select the meal you would like to plan and tap Next
- Set a meal time for the recipe and tap Add
- The meal is now added to your Planner!
* If you do not have any Freezer meals saved to your Freezer, the option to "Plan Frozen Meal" will not appear in your Planner Menu.
Adjust Servings in the Freezer:
- From the Freezer section, tap on the frozen meal you want to adjust.
- Tap Edit Freezer Quantity and adjust the number of meals saved for that recipe.
- Tap Save
The Freezer and the Shopping List:
If you have an existing recipe already in your home freezer and you'd like to add to the Plan to Eat Freezer, you can plan the recipe on a date in the past so it doesn't populate your current shopping list.