Cook recipes, put them in your freezer, and the Freezer feature will keep track of the meals you have available.
Here’s how to Freeze recipes:
- Plan a meal in your Planner.
- Click on the recipe to open the preview.
- In that box, click on “Add to Freezer”.
- You’ll then be given the option to choose how many meals you’d like to plan and how many servings will be in each frozen meal.
- Click "Add to Freezer" when finished.
To plan recipes from the Freezer:
- Use the handle icon to drag a recipe to your Planner.
- You’ll see the number of meals in the Freezer subtract one, when you pull a meal away.
- If you happen to remove that frozen meal from the Planner, it will be automatically added back into your Freezer.
Servings in the Freezer:
If a recipe's serving size is 4 servings, then one meal will include 4 servings. Two meals would include two separate servings of 4 (8 total servings). If you need to update the number of meals in the Freezer, click on the number of meals indicated in the Freezer and update the amount in the pop-up window.
You can then click on the Freezer from the left sidebar and see the number of meals in the freezer and how many servings each meal contains.
If you need to remove a recipe from the Freezer without Planning it:
- Click on the serving number that indicates how many you have in the Freezer.
- Change this number to 0 and click update.
The Freezer and the Shopping List:
If you have a recipe you'd like to freeze, but you don't need to shop for, you can add the recipe to a date in the past, so it doesn't populate on your current shopping list.
If you’re making a freezer meal, but also eating one of those meals when you make it, you can add the total number of meals to the Freezer you’re making and then drag a single meal to the same day of the planner. This will keep your Shopping List accurate and the number of meals in your Freezer up-to-date.