There are several ways to add recipes to your Plan to Eat account. To learn more about these options for the desktop version of our site, click here.
The Recipe Clipper Extension
This extension allows you to save any recipe to your Recipe Book with the share button found in Safari, Chrome or Firefox.
- Using your favorite browser, find a recipe you want to add to your Recipe Book.
- Tap on the Share button.
- Choose the Plan to Eat "Save Recipe" share extension (if you don't see our icon, scroll over and tap the More option to enable our extension).
- Plan to Eat will open and your recipe will begin importing.
- Once import is complete, check that the data is correct, make any changes necessary, and press Save. The recipe will be added to your Recipe Book.
- Find a recipe online that you would like to import.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top right corner of your browser.
- Tap Share.
- In the share menu, tap on the Plan to Eat icon.
- The Plan to Eat app will open and begin importing your recipe.
- Press save to add the recipe to your Recipe Book.
Manually Add Recipes from cookbooks and personal recipes
To manually add recipes to your account, open the "My Recipes" section and tap on the "Add Recipe" button. This will open a menu at the bottom of your screen and you can select "Add recipe by hand." You can then manually enter each part of your recipe into the text fields. Once completed, press "save." Each recipe only requires a recipe title, to be saved to your recipe book. This will allow you to begin entering a recipe and come back to it later, or save a recipe to add to your Planner that you don't need ingredients or even directions for, but want to make sure you plan accordingly.
Add recipes from a URL
To add recipes to your account using a URL, open the "My Recipes" section and tap on the "Add Recipe" button. This will open a menu at the bottom of your screen and you can select "Import recipe from the web." From there, you will be prompted to paste a URL into the import field. Once pasted, press "import."
Before saving, make sure that the ingredients and direction were imported correctly and tap "Save".