Categorize your favorite recipes with 5 stars, or a not-so-favorites with no stars.
- Click on the recipe to open it.
- When the recipe is open, on the bottom left of the image you'll see the stars for a rating (App and website).
- After selecting the stars, the rating will automatically be saved to the recipe.
- You can change the rating by re-selecting the number of stars you'd like to apply to that recipe.
Once you have recipes rated with stars, use the Rating Filter on the left sidebar to search for all recipes of a particular rating.
Course / Cuisine / Main Ingredient
The Course, Cuisine, and Main Ingredient fields can be used to organize recipes based on their characteristics.
- Edit any of these categories by clicking on the pencil icon that appears to the right of Main Ingredient section.
Any of the items in these lists can be customized by selecting the [ Manage ] option, which will be the first option in the list.
Managing an item gives you the power to add, edit, and remove, based on your preferred categories.
The yellow circle with the number on the right of the category name indicates how many recipes are already in that category.
Tags can help you label your recipes for easy searching and sorting! If there is a characteristic of a recipe that doesn't quite fit into the Course, Cuisine, or Main Ingredient categories, use a Tag to identify this unique characteristic. Tags can be anything you would like: Holiday, Dairy Free, Paleo — it's entirely up to you.
To add tags:
- Open the recipe.
- Scroll to the middle of the ingredient card and on the right side will be a section labeled “Tags”.
- Use the pencil icon to access the pulldown menu.
- Select one of the pre-defined tags, or click on [ Manage Tags ] to create your own.
You can add as many tags as you’d like to define a recipe.
Once you have labeled recipes with tags, you can then search your Plan to Eat account for recipes labeled under a certain tag from the left sidebar menu. Or you can click on a tag shown on a recipe card to bring up all the recipes labeled with that tag
Customizing these options is currently only available on the website, however any changes made will sync to the App! If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org