Access your Plan to Eat Friends by clicking on the Friends tab in the Recipes Book. At the top, you'll see a pull-down menu to select a specific friend's recipes.
Once you are viewing your friends recipe, you can save them to your Recipe Book:
- Click on the heart icon at the bottom right of the recipe card.
- When saved, the heart will be yellow.
- To remove recipes saved from friends, you can click the heart icon again.
There are a few things to keep in mind when looking at your Friend's recipes:
1. You can only see the recipes from your friends they have not marked Private.
2. You can only see recipes from your friends that belong to them.
All recipes that are "owned" by other subscribers are indicated by a yellow box containing their username in the recipe listing. You will not be able to see recipes in your friend's Recipe Book that belong to their friends.
3. Recipes that do not belong to you require you to unlock the directions.
Directions can be unlocked by visiting the original website.
- Simply click on the link provided in the recipe
- Visit to the original recipe website
- The directions will immediately be unlocked in the Plan to Eat recipe from then on.
We include this step so that the original recipe author, the person who put a whole lot of work into creating this recipe, gets a little appreciation, and you can know who they are.
4. You cannot edit your Friend's recipes.
You can use recipes from your PTE friends as if they're your own, but you will not be able to alter that recipe.
To edit a recipe that belongs to a Friend:
- Make a copy of that recipe into your Recipe Book (as indicated at the top of the open recipe).
- Once you are working with a copy of this recipe you will no longer be able to exchange comments with your friend.
5. You can plan your Friend's saved Menus.
- From your Planner, navigate to the Menus tab
- Use the "Friend Menus" pulldown to select a Friend who has Menus you'd like to plan.
- If you do not see any menu's in this list, none of your friends have menus saved
- Drag and drop your Friend's menus to your Planner.
The recipes will only be listed in your Planner for that one entry, and not saved to your Recipe Book.
If you'd like to Save those recipes and that Menu, you can use the Edit Meal Plan feature to save the Menu and those recipes will be saved to your Recipe Book.