You can access your Staples List from your Plan to Eat Shopping List.
The Staples List is a place to store items that you purchase frequently and want to remember, but will not show up in your shopping list because they aren't ingredients in recipes. This might be things like bananas, apples, trash bags, paper towels, or shampoo.
When you first look at your Staples List you will notice that there are a few items we have put in there for you.
Edit your Staples List
Hover over an item to see a Remove button and an Edit button.
- The Remove button will hide the item from your Staples list.
- You can also remove multiple items at once by selecting them and using the Remove button at the top of the list
- With the Edit button you can set the amount (quantity) to purchase of that item, the units (type of measurement), change the title, assign that item to a different store or category, and add any additional notes.
New items can be added to your list by clicking the Add Items button at the top.
- When you add a new staple, or a list of staples at one time, you have the option to assign it to a category (so that it shows up in the correct part of the store), and you can also assign that item to a specific store.
- Items in your Staples List can be moved from one store to another simply by checking on that item or group of items and selecting a new store from the Stores button.
Staples List and the Shopping List
Once you have all of your regular staples organized, you are ready to add those items to your next shopping list.
Before printing your list or taking your App to the grocery store, "shop" in your Staples List.
Need Olive Oil? Check. Need Napkins? Check. Go through and select all of the items you will need.
Copy selected items to your shopping list by using the Copy Items to Shopping List button and your items will be added to their assigned stores.
Once the items are copied, they will appear on your shopping list and you are ready to hit the store without forgetting a thing.