Using the iCalendar feed (most popular calendar applications such as Apple’s iCal, Google Calendar, and Microsoft Outlook use the iCalendar format) you can send your meal plan to other calendar applications. This means, you can see your Plan to Eat Meal Plan on your phone, tablet, or in whatever desktop calendar software you are already using.
How to set up the calendar feeds:
- In the Planner, click on the Share Meal Plan button
- There are 3 links that can feed into your calendar application:
(Learn more about the difference between a Note and an Ingredient.)
- Click one of the links: Recipes, Ingredients, or Notes — whichever you want to share to your calendar.
- Once you click the link you will see the text can be copied. (command+C on Mac, control+C on Windows)
- At the bottom of this dialogue box select either:
- “View recipes as all day events”
- “View recipes at meal times; (Breakfast) 7am, (Lunch) 12pm, (Supper) 6pm.”
- After you have copied the link and selected your options, click the Save Settings button.
Subscribing to your feed
- Open Calendar and go to File > New Calendar Subscription.
- Paste the Planner feed URL you copied from your Plan to Eat account and press Subscribe.
- Insert the options that you would like for that calendar feed. You can change the name, color, or other options.
- In particular note that by default the calendar is set to automatically refresh every week. You may want this to be more frequent if having an up-to-date calendar is important to you.
- Click OK to save these options.
Installing the feed on your iPhone or iPad
For those using Apple’s iCloud installation onto your other devices happens without you knowing it.
Once you install the feeds into your desktop version of iCal and refresh your calendar (View > Refresh Calendars), all of your devices will share those feeds. It’s an easy way to keep your iPhone, iPad, and Desktop calendars in sync.
A few other notes about syncing your Calendar:
- Are you having trouble syncing your calendar to your devices? Learn more about how to update your settings to see your Google calendar not only on your desktop, but across your devices.
- To sync your Google Calendar Events to your Apple Calendar, you will also have to update your settings. Learn more about how to update those settings.